Listing of Pennsylvania Granges
A charter ledger of Pennsylvania's Granges has been created showing information including the name, number, location (town or township), organization date, organizer, number of charter members, current status and any other significant details. In the status column shown on the right side of each record, the terms found in various records are listed exactly as shown in original documents; it is suspected that terms "disbanded", "closed", "dormant" may have been used interchangeably to indicate a Grange that had become inactive. Many Granges also consolidated with other Granges and the terms used in the ledger are:
- "Consolidated with" indicates this is the surviving Grange after receiving the membership of another Grange
- "Consolidated into" indicates this Grange no longer exists after its membership was received into another Grange
- "Merged" indicates when two or more Granges became one under a different name and/or number than the original Granges
As of December 31, 2017, all available records have been researched to compile the information shown below. In some cases, the information about a particular Grange may be incomplete but all existing information has been recorded in the Charter Ledger. This information is updated quarterly to reflect the current status of Pennsylvania Granges. The information about local community (Subordinate) Granges in Pennsylvania is sorted in several different formats to assist readers in their search for information.
- Charter Ledger by Grange Number of All Pennsylvania Granges
- Charter Ledger by Grange Number of Active Pennsylvania Granges
- Charter Ledger by Grange Number of Inactive Pennsylvania Granges
- Charter Ledger by County of All Pennsylvania Granges
This information pertains to Pomona (district/county) Granges in Pennsylvania:
Click here to view the index for Grange records preserved at the PA State Archives.